The easiest way to carbonate your beer. Cornelius keg lid with built-in carbonation stone!
Move the lid from keg to keg to carbonate as needed. Allows you to force carbonate quickly using the attached .5 micron stone with the portability of being able to move the lid from keg to keg. No more hassles of trying to attach and unattach line from the "gas in" dip tube. Simply connect your gas quick disconnect to the included fitting on the lid and allow carbonation to begin.
This lid allows fast force carbonation with the minimum of effort.
- Stainless Steel 0.5 Micron Diffusion Stone
- Keg Lid with Stainless Ball Lock Post
- Silicon Keg Lid seal
- 60cm of hose
Instructions for Use
Before Getting Started: Make sure your beer is COLD (0-4°C) before proceeding. The colder the better, and the closer to 0° the faster you can carbonate.
- Pre-boil the stone for 2–3 minutes before using. This assures you that your stone is sterile and any residual oils have been boiled off.
- Sanitize the whole keg lid with Keg King Phosphoric Acid Sanitiser before submersing into your keg filled with beer.
- Set pressure on your regulator to 20kPa (3psi) and attach your gas in fitting to the body connect on the lid. Leave keg at this pressure for 1 hour.
- Raise your pressure 15kPa (2psi) per hour until you reach 90kPa (12psi). Leave it at 10–12 psi for 24 hours. Pour a glass of beer and test the carbonation. If you think your beer needs more CO2 leave for another 4–6 hours and have another pint.
- Release pressure using relief valve on lid. Remove carbonation lid after carbonation level is satisfactory. Return original keg lid for long term storage.
NOTE: For even faster carbonation in step 4 you can continue to raise pressure by 15psi increments up to 200kPa. Alternatively if you want extremely fast carbonation set regulator pressure on 200kPa and shake keg vigorously for 60 seconds.