Handheld refractometer with automatic temperature correction and Brix and Specific Gravity scales.
Measuring Brix: 0-32% and specific gravity scales SG: 1.000 - 1.120 for unfermented wort or wine must
This hand-held optical refractometer measures the density of sugars in the solution and gives you an instant gravity readings at any point during the boil, or run off from the mash. You do not need to convert the reading from Brix to specific gravity or do an adjustments for temperature. Great for quick and frequent check on the gravity of your running or while sparging, and also for those who do not like to deal with the temperature compensation necessary with a hydrometer. Unlike a hydrometer, it only requires a very small amount sample, about 2-3 drops of sample only.
- Mode: RSG-100ATC
- 0-32% Brix Scale / 1.000-1.120 Wort Specific Gravity
- Accurate to +/- 0.20% Brix / +/- 0.001 SG Wort Specific Gravity
- Scale Divisions: 0.20% / 0.001 Wort Specific Gravity
- Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC)
- Heavy-duty sturdy design, made of lightweight machined Aluminum which is durable and made to last
- Comfortable non-slip rubber outer grip
- Comes in a hard case, with a calibration screwdriver, pipette and users guide
- 1 Years Warranty
Easy to use: Apply 2-3 drops to the prism face, close cover and make sure the glass has no dry spots or air bubbles. Wait 30 seconds to allow the sample to come to ambient temperature. Look through the eyepiece while aiming your refractometer at a light source. The meter will show a line between blue and clear. This line will correspond with the brix scale on the side of the viewing screen.
To calibrate: Place one drop of distilled water on the prism face and turn the manual calibration screw until it reads 0 Brix if necessary.