Brass compression fittings option for both 30L and 50L BrewDevil immersion wort chillers terminate in 3/4" BSP male for convenient attachment to Hozelock style tap connectors
Hozelock style tap connector and female connectors available
Offered as an alternative to other options such as using hose and jubilee clips
2 fittings supplied for chiller inlet and outlet. Brass fittings only, pictures with other products only to show use and compatibility
Fitting is as follows (see last product image)
Will need 2 spanners and some PTFE tape
1. Separate the fitting compression end from hozelock thread connector end and wrap 5-6 turns of PTFE tape round the threads. Reassemble with two spanners. Don’t over-tighten.
2. From compression fitting end, remove compression nut and the round pipe olive and feed nut then olive on chiller tail. No PTFE required
3. Push rest of brass fitting onto chiller tail end as far as will go and hand tighten compression nut to the body of fitting. With one spanner to hold the fitting in place use other spanner to tighten up the compression nut. You should turn the compression nut only, just holding the rest of the fitting in place with other spanner, i.e don’t hold compression nut in place and turn rest of fitting with other spanner. Make sure chiller end tube remains fully pushed into fitting when doing this. Turning chiller upside down might help so gravity is keeping fitting fully on rather than wanting to drop off.
4. Hozelock style tap connectors (3/4” BSP thread) screw onto the ends of the wort chiller fittings. No PTFE required, mating faces seal with washer inside hozelock style tap connector fitting.
5. Connect hosepipe and check for leaks before use. Tighten up further if required